Methodology how the received impedance matrices were processed:
- in case that impedance matrix is not symmetric, it is symmetrized,
- characteristic modes and numbers are find by QZ algorithm from ARPACK in Matlab (eig),
- all numbers which are complex-valued, NaN or Inf are removed,
- remaining numbers are sorted in the ascending order,
- decadic logarithm is applied to the absolute values of characteristic numbers.
Comparison of characteristic eigenvalues calculated in commercial and in-house tools with analytically known results:
All results and Matlab m-files which can process the data can be found at FTP.
Matlab script generating characteristic numbers for TM and TE spherical modes is HERE.
For details see IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation paper.
/Edited 17. 07. 2017, MC/