The research is focused on developing a propagation tool utilizing a 3D site-specific model considering all significant physical phenomena (penetration, reflection, diffraction and diffuse scattering) while providing both narrowband (signal coverage) and wideband predictions (delay profile, AoA), thus enabling detailed designs of indoor scenarios and fast semi-deterministic calculations based on a simplified approach. Unlike many other site-specific models, our model does not require a database of material properties which form obstacles in a scenario as the material properties are replaced by a few probabilistic parameters which are optimized by means of a measurement campaign.
- Intelligent Infrastructures for Cognitive Networks, Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, grant no. OC10005, 2010-2012
- COST Action IC0902, Cognitive Radio and Networking for Cooperative Coexistence of Heterogeneous Wireless Networks, 2009-2013
- COST Action IC0803, RF/Microwave Communication Subsystems for Emerging Wireless Technologies (RFCSET), 2008-2012
- Wide-Band parameters Prediction of Mobile Systems Channel, CTU Prague, CTU0305713, 2003
- Indoor Propagation Prediction for Wireless Broadband Systems, Czech Science Foundation, grant no. GA102/01/D117, 2001-2003
- Signal Propagation inside Buildings for Personal Radiocommunication Systems, Czech Science Foundation, grant no. GA102/99/D099, 1999-2001
- Subrt, L. – Pechac, P.: Advanced 3D indoor propagation model: calibration and implementation, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking 2011. 2011:180, doi:10.1186/1687-1499-2011-180.
- Subrt, L. – Pechac, P.: Semi-Deterministic Propagation Model for Subterranean Galleries and Tunnels, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2010, vol. 58, no. 11, p. 3701-3706. ISSN 0018-926X.
- Rak, M. – Pechac, P.: UHF Propagation in Caves and Subterranean Galleries. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 2007, vol. 55, no. 4, p. 1134-1138. ISSN 0018-926X.
- Zvanovec, S. – Pechac, P. – Klepal, M.: Wireless LAN Networks Design: Site Survey or Propagation Modeling?. Radioengineering. 2003, vol. 12, no. 4, p. 42-49. ISSN 1210-2512.
- Pechac, P.: Electromagnetic Wave Propagation Modeling Using the ANT Colony Optimization Algorithm. Radioengineering. 2002, vol. 11, no. 3, p. 1-6. ISSN 1210-2512.
- Klepal, M. – Pechac, P.: Large Dynamic Range Prediction of AOA, AOD and PDP for MIMO Systems. In Antennas & Propagation – Twelfth International Conference – ICAP 2003. IEE, 2003, p. 775-779. ISBN 0 85296 752 7.
- Pechac, P. – Klepal, M.: Effective Indoor Propagation Predictions. In 54th Vehicular Technology Conference VTC Fall 2001. IEEE, 2001, p. 1-4. ISBN 0-7803-7007-4.