► WHO WE ARE
|We are focused on the design and development of a broad range of antenna and antenna array types for various purposes: wire, microstrip, fractal, horn, spiral, RFID, UWB antennas, special feeders with reflector systems. The modern development of antennas and microwave circuits is not possible to perform without sophisticated design tools like EM field simulators. We use IE3D, AWR Microwave Office, CST Microwave Studio and FEKO. However, instead of dealing with commercial simulators only, we have developed many codes in MATLAB for working with characteristic modes, orthogonal methods, stored energies in EM field and antenna’s Q-factor. Antenna prototypes are manufactured either by ourselves or by third parties. We own photo-etching technology lab, antenna anechoic chamber with standard measurement equipment (NSA) for the frequency range 100 MHz – 40 GHz and in selected frequency bands up to 110 GHz. In the field of EMC, we are specialized in shielding efficiency of anechoic chambers, especially, “small” chambers (with the size lower than 2 m). Our other activity is electromagnetic immunity measurement. We built a low-frequency anechoic chamber with ferrite absorbers for the frequency range 50 MHz – 1 GHz. The team is also involved in research and development of RFID sensors and microwave radiometry.|
• coordination of research activities of the team
• antenna theory
• chipless RFID transponders
• electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
• wearable antennas
• antenna and RCS measurement
• modelling of planar passive components
• electromagnetic field theory
• electromagnetic field theory
• extremelly wideband antennas
► EXTERNAL CO-WORKERS
► WHAT IT IS GOOD FOR
The antenna is a key element of the wireless communication chain serving as a transformer between guided and radiated waves. Simply, the antenna is a special space-frequency filter necessary for efficient wireless transfer of electromagnetic energy. Immunity against unwanted electromagnetic interference is an important aspect of this transfer. In lower frequency bands, a similar role plays inductive or capacitive elements, i.e., coils or electrodes, which are used, e.g., for wireless power transfer.
- Antenna Arrays With Quantized Controlling | GA20-02046S
- Research and Development of a New Generation of Self-supporting Coil Making Machine | FV30091
- Analysis of Uncertainties by TEMPEST Measurement for NÚKIB Facility | NÚKIB 201704
- Wireless Sensing of Physical Quantities in Complex Environment | GA17-02760S
- Complex Electromagnetic Structures and Nanostructures | GA17-00607S
- Remote Sensing of Small Scatterers by Electromagnetic Waves | GA15-08803S
- Wireless Power Transmission for Sustainable Electronics | IC1301 WiPE | national project: Structures and Circuits for Wireless Power Transmission | LD14122
- Research of Artificial Electromagnetic Materials and Metamaterials With Applied Numerical and Imaging Methods | GA13-09086S
- Analysis and Multicriteria Optimization of Compact Radiating Structures Based on Modal Decomposition | GAP102/12/2223
- Electromagnetic Properties of Radiant Structures and Artificial Shielding Surfaces Near the Human Body | GPP102/12/P863
- Versatile, Integrated, and Signal-aware Technologies for Antennas | IC1102 VISTA | national project: Advanced Modelling and Technologies for Antennas and Sensors | LD12055 AMTAS
- Coordinating the Antenna Research in Europe | CARE
- Investigation of Metamaterials and Microwave Structures With the Help of Noise Spectroscopy and Magnetic Resonance | GA102/09/0314
- Influence of Physical Layer and Transmission Environment on UWB Communication and Systems | GP102/09/P536
- RF/Microwave Communication Subsystems for Emerging Wireless Technologies | IC0803 RFCSET | national project: Novel Emerging Wireless Systems | OC09075 NEWS
- Artificial Electromagnetic Structures for Miniaturization of High-frequency and Microwave Radiating and Circuit Elements | GA102/08/1282
- Antenna Systems & Sensors for Information Society Technologies | IC0603 ASSIST) | national project: Antenna Systems And Sensors With Special Properties | OC08018
- Modelling and Simulation of Fields | GD102/08/H018
- Metamaterials, Nanostructures and Their Applications | GA102/06/1106
- Development of Technology for Measuring Small Shielding Boxes | ST20062006010
- Antenna Centre of Excelence | ACE
- Center for Quasi-optical Systems and Terahertz Spectroscopy | LC06071 KVASTES
- More then 50 university and company partners in Europe in the frame of COST actions
- We are founding partner of European Association on Antennas and Propagation (EurAAP)
- National Cyber and Information Security Agency
- Radioengineering Journal
- European School of Antennas (ESoA)
- K. Marak, J. Kracek, S. Bilicz, Antenna array pattern synthesis using an iterative method, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 56, no. 2, art. no. 7508304, pp. 1-4, Feb. 2020.
- J. Kracek, M. Svanda, K. Hoffmann, Scalar method for reading of chipless RFID tags based on limited ground plane backed dipole resonator array, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 67, no. 11, pp. 4547-4558, Nov. 2019.
- M. Svanda, M. Polivka, J. Havlicek, J. Machac, D. H. Werner, Platform tolerant, high encoding capacity dipole array-plate chipless RFID tags, IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 138707-138720, Aug. 2019.
- M. Added, N. Boulejfen, M. Svanda, F. M. Ghannouchi, T.-P. Vuong, High-performance chipless radio-frequency identification tags: using a slow-wave approach for miniaturized structure, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 46-54, Aug. 2019.
- P. Hazdra, J. Kracek, T. Lonsky, On the end-fire super directivity of arrays of two elementary dipoles and isotropic radiators, IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, pp. 1-7, Mar. 2019, DOI: 10.1049/iet-map.2018.6013.
- J. Kracek, M. Svanda, Analysis of capacitive wireless power transfer, IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 26678–26683, Mar. 2019, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2883712.
- T. Lonsky, P. Hazdra, J. Kracek, Characteristic modes of dipole arrays, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 998-1001, Apr. 2018, DOI: 10.1109/LAWP.2018.2828986.
- J. Havlicek, M. Svanda, M. Polivka, J. Machac, J. Kracek, Chipless RFID tag based on electrically small spiral capacitively loaded dipole, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 16, art. no. 8064191, pp. 3051-3054, Oct. 2017, DOI: 10.1109/LAWP.2017.2760059.
- N. B. Carvalho, A. Georgiadis, A. Costanzo, N. Stevens, J. Kracek et al., Europe and the future for WPT, IEEE Microwave Magazine, vol. 18, no. 4, art. no. 7920430, pp. 56-87, Jun. 2017, DOI: 10.1109/MMM.2017.2680078.
- M. Švanda, M. Polívka, J. Havlíček, J. Macháč, Chipless RFID tag with an improved magnitude and robustness of RCS response, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 488-492, 2017.
- J. Macháč, M. Polívka, M. Švanda, J. Havlíček, Reducing mutual coupling in chipless RFID tags composed of U-folded dipole scatterers, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 58, no. 11, pp. 2723-2725, 2016.
- J. Havlíček, M. Švanda, J. Macháč, M. Polívka, Improvement of reading performance of frequency domain chipless RFID transponders, Radioengineering, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 1-11, 2016.
- M. Polívka, J. Havlíček, M. Švanda, J. Macháč, Improvement in robustness and recognizability of RCS response of U shaped strip-based chipless RFID tags, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, 2016.
- J. Kraček, M. Švanda, M. Mazánek, J. Macháč, Implantable semi-active UHF RFID tag with inductive wireless power transfer, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 15, 2016.
- M. Švanda, M. Polívka, On-body semi-electrically-small tag antenna for UHF RFID platform-tolerant applications, IET Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 631-637, 2016.
- M. Švanda, M. Polívka, Matching technique for an on-body low-profile coupled-patches UHF RFID tag and for sensor antennas, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 63, no. 5, pp. 2295-2301, 2015.
- M. Polívka, M. Švanda, Stepped impedance coupled-patches tag antenna for platform-tolerant UHF RFID applications, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 63, no. 9, pp. 3791-3797, 2015.
- L. Jelínek, M. Čapek, P. Hazdra, J. Eichler, An analytical evaluation of the quality factor Qz for dominant spherical modes, IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 1096-1103, 2015.
- P. Dvořák, M. Mazánek, S. Zvánovec, Fire emissivity detection by a microwave radiometer, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 2306-2310, 2015.
- M. Čapek, L. Jelínek, P. Hazdra, On the functional relation between quality factor and fractional bandwidth, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 63, no. 6, pp. 2787-2790, 2015.
- M. Čapek, J. Eichler, P. Hazdra, Evaluating radiation efficiency from characteristic currents, IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 10-15, 2015.
- M. Švanda, M. Polívka, Small-size wearable high-efficiency tag antenna for UHF RFID of people, International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2014, no. 2014, art. no. 509768, pp. 1-5, 2014.
- M. Švanda, M. Polívka, Illustration of the impedance behaviour of extremely low profile coupled shorted-patches antennas for UHF RFID of people, International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2014, no. 2014, art. no. 712790, pp. 1-10, 2014.
- P. Hazdra, M. Čapek, J. Eichler, M. Mazánek, The radiation Q-factor of a horizontal λ/2 dipole above ground plane, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 13, art. no. 1, pp. 1073-1075, 2014.
- J. Eichler, P. Hazdra, M. Čapek, Aspects of mesh generation for characteristic-mode analysis, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 172-183, 2014.
- M. Čapek, L. Jelínek, P. Hazdra, J. Eichler, The measurable Q factor and observable energies of radiating structures, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 311-318, 2014.
- P. Piksa, S. Zvánovec, P. Černý, Elliptic and hyperbolic dielectric lens antennas in mm-waves, Radioengineering, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 270-275, 2011.
- P. Hazdra, M. Čapek, J. Eichler, Radiation Q-factors of thin-wire dipole arrangements, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 10, pp. 556-560, 2011.
- M. Čapek, P. Hazdra, P. Hamouz, M. Mazánek, Software tools for efficient generation, modeling and optimisation of fractal radiating structures, IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 1002-1007, 2011.
- M. Švanda, M. Polívka, Horizontal five-arm folded dipole over metal screening plane for UHF RFID of dielectric objects, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 52, no. 10, pp. 2291-2294, 2010.
- M. Švanda, M. Polívka, Two novel extremely low-profile slot-coupled two-element patch antennas for UHF RFID of people, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 249-252, 2010.
- J. Kraček, M. Mazánek, Possibilities of wireless power supply, International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 153-157, 2010.
- M. Polívka, M. Švanda, P. Hudec, S. Zvánovec, UHF radiofrequency identification of people in indoor and open areas, Transaction on Microwave Theory and Technique, Special Issue on Hardware and Integration Challenges of RFID’s, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 1341-1347, 2009.
- A. Holub, M. Polívka, Vertically meander-folded, shorted-patch antennas, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 51, no. 12, pp. 2938-2942, 2009.
- M. Švanda, M. Polívka, Novel dual-loop antenna placed over patch array surface for UHF RFID of dielectric and metallic objects, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 709-713, 2009.
- F. Ferrero, A. Diallo, C. Luxey, B. Derat, P. Hamouz, et al., Two-element PIFA array structure for polarization diversity in UMTS mobile phones, Radioengineering, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 407-412, 2009.
- P. Hazdra, P. Hamouz, On the modal superposition lying under the MoM matrix equations, Radioengineering, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 42-46, 2008.
- S. Zvánovec, P. Piksa, M. Mazánek, P. Pechač, A study of gas and rain propagation effects at 48 GHz for HAP scenarios, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 1-7, 2008.
- P. Hazdra, M. Mazánek, J. Čermák, Wideband rectangular microstrip patch antenna, Radioengineering, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 37-41, 2007.
- P. Černý, M. Mazánek, Optimization of transient response radiation of printed ultra wideband dipole antennas (using particle swarm optimization method), Radioengineering, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 9-14, 2007.
- T. Kořínek, P. Piksa, M. Mazánek, Wideband measurement in a small shielded box using equiangular spiral antennas, Radioengineering, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 34-37, 2006.
- P. Piksa, M. Mazánek, A self-complementary 1.2 to 40 GHz spiral antenna with impedance matching, Radioengineering, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 15-19, 2006.
- A. Holub, M. Polivka, Collinear Microstrip Patch Antennas, Passive Microwave Components and Antennas, Vitaliy Zhurbenko (Ed.), InTech, 2010, pp. 513-532, DOI: 10.5772/9396.
- P. Piksa, S. Zvanovec, P. Cerny, Specific Millimeter-Wave Features of Fabry-Perot Resonator for Spectroscopic Measurements, In-Tech, 2010, pp. 451-468, DOI: 10.5772/9060.
- M. Polivka, M. Svanda, P. Hudec, UHF RFID of People, Development and Implementation of RFID Technology, Cristina Turcu (Ed.), InTech, 2009, pp. 63-88, DOI: 10.5772/6518.